Sunday, January 29, 2012

Oma's Stuffing

Those of you who know my husband know that I have one picky eater to satisfy. Thankfully, he has lately opened up to the thought of trying new things. As we sat down to family dinner the other night, he was hesitant to try the stuffing my mom had made (using my grandmother's recipe). He was surprised that he liked it! I knew immediately I had to figure out an exact recipe to share with you all, so that's what I did today!

Oma's Stuffing

1lb sage pork sausage
1/2 onion, chopped
2 chopped apples
4 chopped celery ribs
2 eggs, lightly beaten (I forgot these and it was just as yummy)
1 6oz box of cornbread stuffing
2 cups of chicken broth


  1. brown the sausage with the onion, then reduce heat to medium/low
  2. add apple and celery and cook for 2 minutes
  3. lightly beat and add the eggs (unless you forget like I did)
  4. add stuffing and chicken broth stir until the bread has all the juices (my skillet was small so I transferred the meat mixture to a baking dish then combined the stuffing and broth in the skillet)
  5. bake covered at 350 for 45-60 minutes (we baked ours in a rectangle baking dish, you could also loosely stuff a bird)
NOTE: if you like more stuffing you can add a 2nd box and 2 more cups of broth. But we like ours chunky like this.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment