Saturday, September 21, 2013

Thai Spring Rolls

I made these Thai Spring Rolls for Election Night last year....that's a holiday/party in the house. My darling friend gets all psyched up with me and we spend the night talking, eating, and drinking. This was one of the snacks we had that night.

I made these again for our House Warming and they were LOVED and people asked for the recipe. I'm ashamed its taken me this long to get to posting the recipe.

I saw a spring roll recipe on a blog, and adjusted the ingredients for a Thai theme. I don't have exact measurements because it really goes by quantity and taste. Rice paper was hard for me to find, I had to go to an Asian market a few towns over.


Thai Spring Rolls

rice paper
rice noodles
shredded carrots
shredded purple cabbage
roasted red peppers, julienned
cilantro, chopped
green onions, chopped
peanuts
wonton strips
edamadme, cooked and cooled

1. cook the rice noodles as directed and cool by running under cold water
2. one at time, soak the rice paper in warm water until pliable, add small amounts of each ingredient and wrap like a burrito
3. serve with peanut sauce

**Squint close and you will see them on the white plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment