Sunday, July 24, 2011

Balcony Gardening

Living in an apartment doesn't leave many options for gardening, thankfully we have a balcony so I can container garden. We are growing tomatoes, onions and herbs on the balcony.

This year we are doing things a little differently. We are digging up part of my mother's yard to expand her garden so that she and I are going to co-garden there. Here we are planning on growing zucchini, summer squash, cucumber, pickling cucumber, more tomatoes and onions, and peppers. The plan is to can pickles and tomatos so we have enough to get us through next year!


2 comments:

  1. Way to go! very encouraging seeing that living in an apartment doesnt prhibit eating food you grew yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Mom's double lot certainly helps, too! I'm glad to be able to grow what I can, instead of buying it. A year full of yummy food!

    ReplyDelete