Friday, July 22, 2011

People Who Inspire Me: Part 1

Elizabeth Gilbert-
She is the woman who wrote the novel  Eat Pray Love. Her book is about her self discovery after a divorce. She spent a year traveling to devolp different parts of her self. She went to Italy to discover the enjoyments of life, India to develop her spirituality and Bali to find a balance between worldly and spirtual blessings. What I admire about her is she knew what she needed and she knew how to get it.I'm still trying to figure out what is missing in my life...and I hope that if/when I figure it out I have the means and ability to go and get it as well. Until then I guess I will be reading her book to brainstorm and travel with her across the world.

The Pioneer Woman-
This woman is just plain awesome. I'll be honest...I'm a little jealous. She is a blogger (food, photography, homeschooling, etc), and author AND soon to be Food Network Star. She is always a fun a read and all her food looks amazing. I think she has the best job in the world. She gets to be creative while staying at home and taking care of her family. I can't wait to watch her show on the Food Network and learn more recipes from her!

Grandma-
My Grandma was the inspiration for my Bucket List. She was such an adventure seeker and did this while remaining devoted to her family. She was a traveler, learned how to fly a plane and a painter/crafter. She was also a devoted Catholic who prayed the Rosary every night. I admire her devotion to God, her family and her adventurous spirit. I hope to adequately incorporate these three things into my life.

2 comments:

  1. "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

    You inspire ME! I love you!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that. And thank you! I love you, too!

    ReplyDelete