Sunday, November 11, 2012

Dr. Who

Last night I went to a friend's house to see the latest two episodes of Dr. Who, a British Sci Fi show. I won't comment on those shows, not knowing who hasn't seen them yet. But I will say.....those weeping angels are not very nice.

What I did want to comment on is the fact that I now watch a Sci Fi show! You'd think that someone as geeky as me would normally be all over it...but I'm not. I don't really do Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. I'm not sure I've ever seen Star Trek. But Dr. Who speaks to me. Maybe its because a majority of the episode is about the story of the main characters or that they are doing good with their time. Loving London certainly has an impact on it. But I have grown to love the show. I get sad when the Doctor's companions leave....loosing the Ponds was extremely hard. I get invested in the Doctor. (Who here still doesn't miss David Tennant?....not that Matt Smith isn't good.)

Another thing that makes Dr. Who appeal to me? I got introduced to it while studying abroad with some of my closest friends. Well, I suppose if we are being literal, I was introduced to a Dalek cake and a few bottles of beer. But the same friends introduced to me to the Dr. Who TV show once we came home. To still be watching five and a half years later is pretty special!

No comments:

Post a Comment