Friday, November 2, 2012

November

Right after Joe and I got engaged we adopted two adorable kittens. I named our girl tortoiseshell November. It was the month that we started dating and the month we were planning our wedding. Joe named our boy tabby Tiger. They were adorable and curious. They loved climbing and snuggling. They stayed very attached throughout their four and a half years together. They would frequently play, and I'd often seen them cleaning each other.

Vemmy was a pretty typical cat. She had the softest fur I'd ever touched and the biggest paws I've seen on a cat. She liked sleeping, hiding when people came over and permanently claimed one corner of our bed.

She was a big fan of her wet food...but only Mixed Grill. And you should have seen the way she loved catnip, it was absolutely hilarious. Both of our little guys liked to sneak out on our balcony. Vem gave me a heart attack because her favorite spot was behind our grill. On the outside of the railing. And Q-tips! Girlfriend would dig through the garbage or nudge open our cabinet to find them.

She was always a Mommy's girl. When we went to bed she'd come up and snuggle me. One night when I was feeling sick she came and sat with me in the bathroom. The night before we thought and prepared to put her down I was a mess. Sobbing lying in bed. In the worlds biggest example of irony, my baby girl who was struggling to breathe, came and comforted me. She was the sweetest girl.

She was so welled behaved during her final month of doctor visits. For the most part she was calm and cooperative. Eventually we settled into a medication routine. And my family was amazing with keeping an eye on her when I had to be gone for several hours. And my good friend joined me to the  trip to the cardiologist. I wanted another adult there to help me remember stuff and Joe was stuck at work. Joe and I truly grateful for all of the support we got during that time.

Vem was a really sweet girl, and Joe, Tiger and I miss her and her snuggles. I miss sharing the end of my side of the bed and getting middle of the night snuggles. We hope she is comfy in kitty heaven and getting lots of hugs and kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment