Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I'm Proud

I am only 27, but in those 27 years I have seen lots of changes in society that I am proud of.

  1. I am proud to be alive for the first African American president. This thought is NOT political. I am just proud that society has moved far enough past racism (its not perfect yet) that we can elect a non-white person to lead our nation.
  2. I am proud that our soldiers able to talk about PTSD and get help for it. Again, we aren't nearly as far along as I would like to be, but those men and women are willing to give our lives for the rest of us and need to be taken care of.
  3. I proud that psychiatric illnesses are being coming less taboo to talk about and receive medical help for.
Yes, at the moment this is a short list. But all of these are very significant to me. I can only imagine what else will happen in my lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment