Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Version of Greek Salad

One of the best things about gardening is not having to pay for produce. I'm a fan. But there is one thing I am not a fan of. Lettuce. I like salads, they are good for me, especially seeing as I am dieting. However, lettuce bores me. I need LOTS of toppings on my salad. And I love stocking them up with veggies, meats and cheese. Sometimes I make salads without the actual lettuce. My Greek salad is one of my favorite combinations.

1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
4 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 red onion, diced
1 cucumber, seeded and diced
10 kalamata olives, halved
3.5oz package of Feta cheese
pinch of salt

Combine and enjoy! I have also done this where I added a drizzle of olive oil. And I am sure it would taste good over a bed of lettuce or with some noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment