Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sometimes I Get Really Cool Opportunities

Senior year of college my good friend, who uses the pen name Liz Laz, published her first book. It is a young adult adventure book titled My Not So Normal Life. It was a fast paced, intensely wonderful Spring Break. Together with another friend, we spent the week holed up in an annex at our University. We edited, updated and uploaded the 198 page novel. My main job for Liz made me super excited! I got to design and create the cover. I used my love of scrap booking to create a physical paper design which I went on to scan into a computer to complete the wording. It was a really exciting project that I really enjoyed doing.

This summer I learned that Liz Laz was preparing the sequel, My Not So Normal Life: School for Spies. I was honored to be asked to create that cover as well! Keep reading, at the end of the year I am planning a post showing you my new art work for Ms. Laz! It was a lot of fun creating the paper design, I look forward to finishing the work on the computer in the coming months. Keep following and I will share a link for those interested in the novels!

No comments:

Post a Comment