Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years Ago

It is both unfortunate and fortunate that I do not have a lot of memories of September 11, 2001. I only have memories of when I first found out what had happened. I was in Student Services getting some paperwork and they had the TV on. The TV said that a plane had run into the World Trade Towers in New York City. I was confused. This was the first time I had heard of the World Trade Towers. I quickly realized they were important, full business buildings. When I finished with my paperwork, I went back to photo class and told the teacher what I had learned: a plane had crashed in New York City. That is all I remember from that actual day. Of course I remember that our country united after the tragedy. I wish I could remember more of that day, what we learned as the day developed. On the other hand I am glad I don't have memories of that horror and pain. Today especially, my heart goes to all those left behind, all our men and women in uniform and especially the greatness of our country. While I know its incredibly idealistic, I prayed for peace last night and that people learn to love each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment