Friday, November 11, 2011

My Spiritual Journey

My mom suggested that I use one of my NaBloPoMo days to write about my spiritual journey. Well, God and I are having issues at the moment, but there are somethings I feel confident in:

  1. There is a power that created the world, and I call that power God.
  2. God reveals himself to different people in different ways. My reasoning behind this is that most religions teach the same lesson...ie the Golden Rule
  3. To get to heaven you have to live the best life you know how, and I do think that is different for everybody.
  4. If I am going to choose an organized religion, I am sticking with the ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America). There are three main reasons for this: they have traditional services, liberal beliefs and they support commitment ceremonies. 
If God and I get on the same page by the end of the month I will post an update. But this is where I am at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. We are all born of seeds, flowers, trees, animals, human each of us unique and beautiful. I believe god is love and if we are born in his likeness the we are love. If we are born of seeds love is in each seed. Therefore, love is everywhere and God is love.

    That is my spiritual journey.

    ReplyDelete