Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What Goes Through My Brain During An Average Day

I am supposed to blog everyday. A project that I am very excited about. Problem is, this weather and having minimal plans is not feeding my creativity. I have another post in the works, but my brain is just refusing to form coherent thoughts. I have two places to be this afternoon, so hopefully that will get my brain exercising again. Until then, I will hold this post as is and see what develops as the day continues on.

....and that is how this day started. Thankfully I stumbled upon an idea as I was out running errands.

A nice girl saw I was having a rough day and basically paid for my smoothie. This kind action reminded me of how I like to give just because gifts. I think they mean more then if they are tied to some holiday. I intend to pay forward this sweet girl's kindness.

Her generosity also led me to something I have been meaning to blog about but haven't found a good way to tie it in with other thoughts. I spend a ridiculous amount of time in my car. Consequently, I pass a lot of homeless people on highway on/off ramps. I like to give to them when I have something extra with me. But I don't give money, I give a bottle of water, a can of coke or a granola bar. I want to be helpful and make sure that my help is going to good causes, as opposed to someone pretending to be homeless to make an easy hundred bucks. This reminds me....I need to pack an extra water bottle for tomorrow's adventures.

I guess the purpose of this post ends up being "Pay It Forward." I ask you all to create a sort of kindness and pass along the happiness.

2 comments:

  1. I admire your generosity and I, too, always try to give what I have in my car. It is usually three or four bucks worth of spare change. Perhaps a gift of money during this time of year would be beneficial to the homeless. Those homeless guys and gals by the highway may be trying to scrounge up just enough money to get a hotel room for the night or enough money to buy a cup of coffee at McDonald's so they can sit there for a few hours and get warm. Not all homeless are alcoholics or drug addicts and some of them can really use the money to secure a warm place for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even those who are addicts need to feed their addiction to keep from dying or getting sick. I just figure they get enough money, so I'd rather give things.

    ReplyDelete